Our Thoughts on Preschool is Cool: Counting with Elmo (and giveaway)
I received the Preschool is Cool: Counting with Elmo dvd and was asked to give a review (ages ago).
"As part of Sesame Street’s new Preschool is Cool set, Counting with Elmo finds Professor Grover as a preschool teacher and Elmo as his helper for today’s counting lesson—in a real preschool! When silly Professor Grover starts to have a little bit of trouble remembering what each number is, he needs Elmo and the class to give him a helping hand. Featuring counting themed songs and stories like “Counting Booth,” and “Abby’s Sparkle Speckle Freckles”, kids will have fun learning with Grover and Elmo and all their Sesame Street friends."
Some positives about Preschool is Cool: Counting with Elmo:
- Grover is my favorite... and there was also plenty of Elmo and Abby Cadabby.
- The Count watching "Six Feet Under" (and referencing 3's Company, and 8 is Enough, and 60 Minutes). heehee
- There is a nice mix of main story and clips.
- The bonus clip (Herry and John John count to 20) is one a remember from when I was little. I love John John.
Some negatives about Preschool is Cool: Counting with Elmo:
- The dvd is a little long. 55 minutes.
- Even though I thought it was long I wish their were more clips. A couple of the clips were too long in my opinion (like the clip about Abby Cadabby losing and finding her 6 freckles.). They could cut that one clip and put in 2 or 3 different shorter clips.
- I'd like more music clips personally. We like music clips in our house!
Ana's opinion about the dvd? Well, when it was over her response was "Do anober one. Do anober Grober!" So, I guess it wasn't too long for her. And, I guess she shares my love of Grover just a little bit.
Preschool is Cool: Counting with Elmo is available in stores and online now.
I received 2 copies of Preschool is Cool: Counting with Elmo so I have 1 to give away.
In order to enter you just need to comment on this post. In your comment tell me your favorite Sesame Street character. Am I the only one with a love of Grover? (Um... you do NOT have to like Grover to get picked!)
Comments saying something like "pick me" will not be considered entries.
If you would like an extra entry you can send out a tweet linking to this post... and leave a 2nd comment letting me know you did it. (include your twitter @)
Giveaway will be open until midnight on Sunday December 26th, 2010.
I will choose the winning comment with Random.org.
Winner will be announced on a follow up post and notified by e-mail (so please make sure you include a valid e-mail when signing in to comment!)