10 Things About Me
Sometimes I think that I'm really sharing so much about myself online... and then other times I think I'm not really sharing anything. I thought I would take a minute to share 10 random things about me. Things you might find out if we were to get together sometime. Share a cup of coffee or a glass of wine and gab for hours.
It took me a while to think of 10 things... but here we go...
1. I have a Bachelor's Degree in Child Development from Appalachian State University (Boone, NC) and a Master's Degree in Elementary Education from Seton Hall University (South Orange, NJ).
2. When I was born I had all 4 grandparents and 2 great grandparents. (I am now lucky enough to still have 2 grandparents.) When Zoe was born she had all 4 grandparents and 3 great grandparents. (She was even luckier!)
3. I have 27 cousins. (2 on my mother's side and 25 on my father's side) Please don't ask me to name them... it would take a while.
4. I love coloring with crayons... and Zoe gives me an excuse to do that almost every day!
5. I'm a TV addict and am passing it on to my daughter. TiVo is my best friend. I don't even want to look at my season pass list... I'm afraid to see how many shows I subscribe to.
6. I eat ice cream every single day (almost). My favorite is Breyer's Coffee.
7. I never ever, not even one time, ever smoked a cigarette. I believe this is because most of my dad's family smoked. When we would visit them... or when they would visit us everything would smell of smoke. It was disgusting and I never was even tempted to smoke because of that. Is it wrong to want to take Zoe around stinky smoking people just so she'll hate it as much as I do?
8. I believe directly related to the no smoking... I never ever, not even one time, ever did drugs. (unless you count an epidural and morphine... and those were lovely!) I had some friends in college who used pot. They always acted like idiots when they smoked. Fun to watch... but I didn't like the idea of anyone watching me that way.
9. Some of my fondest childhood memories are of times with my great grandmother. I went to her house after 1/2 days of school and during the summer while my mom worked. I clearly recall cleaning fresh string beans. I remember stringing buttons on sting with a big needle to make long ropes of buttons all different colors and shapes. We also had big lunches everyday. Full meals that she cooked all morning. At lunchtime everyone would come on their lunch breaks to eat. Both great-grandparents, both grandparents, my uncle (great grandfather's brother) my brother and me. Good memories.
10. Years ago, if you were to tell me that I would look back fondly on times spent with my brother... I would have laughed and told you that you were insane. Now... my brother lives in Florida and I'm in NJ. I miss him terribly (but don't tell him!).
Ok. That wasn't so hard. Once I started going it was hard to stop. I could add 10 more... but I'll save them in case I decide I need to share more another time.
If you happen to decide to share some things about yourself... let me know... I'd love to know more about you.